Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thought of a Intranet Stats Website for Counter Strike 1.6 in our Institute LAN

It started with counter strike 1.6 game. I was not as core gamer as other few in my institute LAN in NIT but I was a freak too. I wanted to have a Web Community for our NIT players, not on Orkut or Facebook but I thought of one in Intranet. I chose Intranet and not Internet for the following reasons, no only one reason, Internet in the Hostel was never reliable. No matter how hard I work on the Internet, if the Internet connection goes off, no valid point for my work. right!

I was a guy with some knowledge of AMX, Metamod, StatsMe plugins for Counter Strike. So I searched for some more, stats plugins in particular. I came through Psychostats. I have downloaded the package and was viewing the files, the readme and INSTALL.txt. It says you need to put the files of upload directory in the web server and lib and stats.pl file in the local machine. It never asked me anything about the Counter Strike Installation folder or any other game related folder from which I thought it may take the stats from. Especially there is a csstats file which has some stats. I thought that is the file PsychoStats needs, but it didnot ask me anything about it.

So how will PsychoStats take the game statistics data? - This is my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment