Saturday, October 24, 2009

PsychoStats 3.1 not able to install, getting 403 Error - Manual Install

I got this while using some private host, the following is what I did to solve this.

I came to know that the problem is some differences in permissions for one PHP file to access another in its directory. I searched for manual install steps for PsychoStats but could not find any. So I made my own webserver.

I installed Fedora Core 10 X86_64 linux and made a webserver with PHP, MySQL, Perl including DBD::MySQL and DBI modules. Now installed the PsychoStats 3.1 package from my http://localhost/install.

That was working well after I gave all the files write permissions. Before that, my linux was saying that these files are copied from some user, you cannot put these directly in the var/www/html, these files need permissions. So I said OK! and then gave a command in the terminal as said by linux. That is, go to the directory var/www/html and give restorecon -R -v '.' (not sure). Now I installed it and it is ok. I have downloaded some logs from internet and tested by running stats.pl file, its ok. I was able to see the player stats too.

Now I have finished installation by initializing database and creating an admin. Nice! Now I have dumped all the mysql database called psychostats3_1 and transfered it to private webhost where I have placed the PHP files. So now the initialized database is ok, the created user is also in the database itself. So I should use the same username and password in the admin panel. It works! Now the stats main page wont work. Gives some error saying $compiledir or something. For this, I need to go to the admin control panel and go to the config. Then to the themes tab. In that themes tab. It asks me about the themes compile directory. The images directory etc.

This help about folder in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment